Saturday, February 16, 2008

Life in Brisbane

So I'm finally in Brisbane... I've settle down pretty fast in Australia at Sunnyhill bank ( thanks to a great bro of mine, whom has been searching intensively in Singapore ) which the landlord was a nice taiwanese man in his '70s, whom even treated us lunch at a Dim Sum restaurant at Sunnybank Plaza. ( Yeah! save money on lunch...Cool! )

The rent for the room was $103 + $6 for the half year contact + $5 for the weekly cleaning, so the total amount for the rent would be $114 per week which will be a total of $456 per month. I considered it pretty alright, since it provide us with a decent kitchen for our daily cooking and a toilet which in some sense I should considered clean. This reminds me of those days when I'm in the army. The only different is I've to cook... -_-

The house is currently being rented by 10 person. That includes 6 at the bottom and 4 at the upper level. The bottom level is occupied by a korean guy, a friendly japanese girl ( Guys don't even think about it... ) and 2 other guy. As for the upper level, it is occupied by a Hongkong guy ( whom could speak chinese but prefered to speak english instead. Weird? ) and a China girl. As for the rest of the housemate, I've yet to meet them.

Still I've manage to settle all the necessary stuff onces I've settle down in Brisbane which includes opening a bank account, got my QUT student card and password, purchase a monthly concession and a pre-paid card for calling in and out of Australia. (Australia HP no. : 0431557010)

Yesterday, I've manage to tour around the school and Brisbane city. The structure and condition of the building ain't that bad... Plus, I've yet to meet the students and lecturer. Anyway, I'll be going for orientation this coming week... Bet I'll be able to get some inside info on my studies.

My home for the next 6 months...












































No comments: